Thursday, March 05, 2009

Moderation is a good word too.

Word of the day:
Incandescent
  • characterized by ardent emotion or intensity or brilliance
  • Especially when Mrs. Darcy speaks to Mr. Darcy.




Oddly, I came about this word whilst my readings on Daylight Savings. At 2 o'clock AM,this upcoming Sunday morning, we shall all Spring forward to 3 o'clock. The longer days are truly beginning, friends! Soon we will be lying on the lawn once again. :)


P.S. More to update on.
It's currently the perfect day back home,
And will be the perfect night:


Also.
We learned about Emily Dickinson in my Life in Art class this week. I was thinking about her, and I feel like I can kind of relate. You see -- Miss Dickinson was a very seclusive person. Most of her friends were kept through letter correspondence, and rarely did she have face-to-face interaction with people. For a good while, even, she never even left her room.

I know, I'm not that extreme. I leave my house and, sure, I spend lots of time with friends. Upon review, however, every single "best" friend I've had was won through textual correspondence -- through the internet mostly (nobody actively writes letters these days). Yeah, we spent LOTS of time together, but initially we really connected through words. I suppose, though, it's not very different for many people these days; we all tend to reveal our thoughts more accurately through well thought-out sentences and paragraphs.

I suppose I was just thinking about how far I've come. In my past I was so overcome with jealousy and an I-can't-do attitude (from trailing along with my sister) when it came to meeting people and being openly personable with everyone I came in contact with . I feel like now I can be myself at all times, and more often that not, people accept it fully.

Also.

I love the phrase "pneumatic device".

3 comments:

Sara Fowler said...

HUZZAH

charlotte ferguson said...

love this photo -- the day after the black &white ball. who took this, peter?

Marissa Lundin said...

I see I'm not the only one still smitten by our lovely evening with Mr. Darcy! Sigh...

I forgot what green grass looks like1