Monday, March 16, 2009

What An Emotional-Rollercoaster-Of-A-Post!

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter repeatedly, year after year. They may sleep too much, have little energy, and crave sweets and starchy foods. They may also feel depressed. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up.

Peter was talking about his current observations of Seasonal Depression in his own life. I was thinking about it and -- ever since the weather has been warming up, I have been considerably happier, have wanted to work on homework more, have slept better and less, and have been managing my time well. I've always been very skeptical as to these "disorders" and "diseases"; so many people claim they have these depressions, but I've always viewed them as a sort of excuse for our lifestyles in the modern world. However, if I were to compare my current symptoms to those of a person with Seasonal Disorder, I could conclusive say they fit to a T (where did that saying come from, anyhow?). That or just some major PMSing....hahaha. But who's to say we all haven't felt this "cabin fever" up North? Also this year has been a year of change, and must be taken into consideration when analyzing my moods.

But yes! I have been so happy these past few days what with picnics and cleaning and coffee shopping. I enjoy my studies and have been very thankful. Sidetrack! Speaking of thankfulness, it seems that whenever I have more money, I am less frivolous to spend it and lean more towards hoarding it. Then, when I get down to the dimes and nickels, I can't seem to stop myself! 'Tis a learning experience.

Good news!
Tonight Nathan called to announce of his coming! He is one of my best friends whom I've known since birth, and I can't wait to introduce him to everyone at MCAD. We share so many thoughts, beliefs, and memories together and I love him. We used to chase my sister around the house with worms and we'd stick them in her shoes so that when she put them on she'd step on them. Suckerrrr. Not much has changed. We all still pick on one another and lay on top of one another in our "puppy piles". Now we're all moving about the country and getting some miles under our feet. It's kind of sad, but more exciting when we get to see one another. And I'll see him three separate times in the next three weeks! Let the exciting month begin!

1 comment:

Marissa Lundin said...

I just realized why I love your blog so much...it makes me feel at home!