Friday, June 05, 2009

Game Night #2 + Peter & The Wolf

Tonight's theme was Disney! We had Disney cookies, Disney cakes, Disney shirts, Disney songs, and Disney games! Disney's Trivial Pursuit was the game of choice, and boy did it have some poorly written questions! My favorite was,

"Where does Pooh get stuck after he escapes Rabbit's hole?"

Priceless.
We decided next week's theme would be Friends (the tv series),
so now I'm looking forward to brushing up on my Friends trivia.


Afterwards, I plopped down to watch a movie or two, and I came across this outstanding version of Peter and the Wolf. It's a gorgeous claymation made in 2006, written and directed by Suzie Templeton. Also, it's set to the original 1936 score by Sergei Prokofiev with no dialogue. The film won the 2008 Oscar for Best Animated Short. Check it out! (I found it on Netflix Instants.)



Here's a short trailer.




I also found this video amongst my searches. It's just kind of cool. :)

No comments: