Sunday, July 05, 2009

Coraline

I just finished reading Coraline! I got a signed copy at Neil Gaiman's lecture last year in Minneapolis and hadn't read it after all this time. It was a quick read, but very engaging. I particularly adored its illustrations. Something about them just made me swoon.





It's probably that good old hatching and tiny pen look. I'm a sucker for it!
Now to see the movie!

Besides reading that today, I rode my bike, took a walk, watched Ice Age: The Meltdown, and watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, which, might I add, was surprisingly wonderful. It was one of my favorite story lines, where the main character goes through a life-changing transformation, followed by a series of uncanny events. That may be a reason I adore Harry Potter so much; nothing beats his trip through Diagon Alley where he is (and we are) overwhelmed with unimaginable realities.

Sigh.

I think I may go try to draw some Coraline-esque sailors!

No comments: