Thursday, September 17, 2009

Frustrations, Threadless, Obama

I've been pretty overwhelmed mentally with my illustration class. I never thought it would be that way. Perhaps it's just this assignment? I sure hope so. I don't want to give up on it, but animation has been thrusting its way into my view. Frankly, animation has been sounding mighty appetizing, and I totally lost myself in the studio the other night. I suppose I'm just fearful of the rumors. Other than that, classes are fine. Drawing isn't as unbearable as it was freshman year; I don't literally run out of the Morrison anymore. My schedule is actually pretty wonderful because I never have to set an alarm, thus I always get as much sleep as my body wants. So far so great.

Current songs stuck in my head:
15 Step by Radiohead
Wake Up by The Arcade Fire
Single Ladies by Beyonce
White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes

Got my 9$ 9/9/09 Threadless Tee in the mail today (see Left Image). It's called The Helium Menagerie. It's super soft and comfy. I love the pen work and it makes me want to buy/make more similar shirts.

Today I sat next to a girl who smelled really bad. I was told she hadn't slept in 4 days, and if she was that busy -- how long has it been since she showered? She also had a mega runny nose. I couldn't concentrate. And I feel like I can still smell her.

Also in the mail: 101 Dalmatians and Four Rooms. Can't wait to watch them. I'm pretty convinced I need to own 101 Dalmatians, though. It's my all-time favorite Disney movie. I just decided. Whenever I think of animation -- I think of that movie. And Finding Nemo, but that's for another time.

In other news, we saw Obama last weekend. It was my first big political experience. We got up at 5:30, caught a bus at 6, stood in line til 9, waited in our seats til 12, and listened to Obama until 1 or so. Whilst waiting in line we wrote a rap, which can be seen here. There was a lot of hype and I didn't agree with everything Obama was saying. He still hasn't explained everything about Healthcare and it bugs the crap out of me. But as an experience -- I'll give it two thumbs up!

In the future: Tonight 2550 is watching the Mighty Ducks and eating free pizza. Then the Office is premiering with the Finer Things Club in the College Center. Then tomorrow Karen is visiting and I'm going to hug her until her insides squeeze out. I'm so excited; it's totally craycray.

The end!

No comments: