Tuesday, September 29, 2009

When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

God that was strange to see you again
Introduced by a friend of a friend
Smiled and said 'yes I think we've met before'
In that instant it started to pour,
Captured a taxi despite all the rain
We drove in silence across Pont Champlain
And all of the time you thought I was sad
I was trying to remember your name...

This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin
Tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in
Now you're outside me
You see all the beauty
Repent all your sin

It's nothing but time and a face that you lose
I chose to feel it and you couldn't choose
I'll write you a postcard
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love...

Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...

There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save

I'm not sorry there's nothing to save...

-Your Ex-Lover is Dead
Stars


That song is so awesome. I think one can relate to it in many ways, friendship, relationships, etc. I fall in love with Stars monthly. As well as Death Cab. And Feist. And Eisley. They're my defaults.

Life has been pretty incredible lately. Every time someone asks me how I am, I answer with a "Phenomenal!" or "Really great!" Can't ask for much more than that. I have been much less homesick than last year, so that's great. In fact, I can't get enough of hanging out with my ladies and doing solid homework assignments.

In fact, I have felt much more confident of my projects this year -- or at least, I like my ideas. (I need to work on my execution a bit; I get lazy there sometimes.) I've really come to terms with the fact that I love having fun and being lighthearted. I can see it in my work and I can see it in my life. I'm constantly inspired by the ones I surround myself with, and I love giving to others. My teachers are constantly saying, "Where can we see YOU in your work?" And now I see that the more fun and loving my work is, the more personal it becomes. As I've said before, I just love Love. And I want to put as much love into my work as I do investing in others' lives.

Recent news:
Declared Animation. ScaryScaryScarybutAwesomeAwesomeAwesome. Made a fort in 301. Durnk. Durnk. Haven't slept much because I don't want to miss anything. Loving life a ton.Forget to eat sometimes. Super thankful for the few new good friends I've made in the past month. Missing Pongolicious, DVS, and everyone else back home. Want to start reading again.

I think we forget how much time makes a difference in any situation.
And with that said,
goodnight.

No comments: