Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Still In Florida

So I've been in Florida for almost two weeks now. I don't miss the cold, I don't miss it at all. Nor do I particularly want snow. Not when I know it's going to be there for the next three-four months. But I do miss home and school just slightly. I've been outstandingly content here with Domini, Mike and Nathan. Probably more content than I've ever been at home or at school. It's like the perfect medium -- family and young folks all in one. Turns out I just missed my sister this whole time! Glad that's settled.

But for a summation of my time here, I will make a list.
  • Super Mario Bros. on Wii
  • Hand and Foot
  • Fishing
  • Ice Cream from Twisty Treat
  • Target
  • Various St. Pete restaurants
  • Guitars
  • Ferdinand
I'm flying home to a blizzard wasteland on Friday to (hopefully) hang out with my high school friends a bit, then heading up to the even larger blizzard wasteland on the 14th. I'm so satisfied right now that I'm not anticipating anything, just enjoying the moment. Lately I haven't even known which day of the week it is, and coming from MCAD, that's a HUGE relief.

In recent thoughts, I have become more accepting to the idea of moving to Minneapolis this summer, even if it's to live on-campus. Home is becoming less productive for me, and frankly it's time for me to grow up and move on. I love my friends and parents, but other than that, there isn't much there. Plus -- all my friends are growing up too, so they all have jobs and other things that keep themselves busy, so we're less and less able to hang out. I always have the hardest time finding a job there, too, so possibly working on-campus this year could be a start. I'm considering finding a house, too, and living off-campus and working off-campus. I think it would be good for my well-being to be able to escape school, even just for a little bit every day. There are pros and cons for each living situation, but I've given the first a solid try, and if I'm thinking about being an RA next year -- well then I'll have plenty o' time to live on-campus. Yeahp.

Shopping til I'm dropping,
Sarah

1 comment:

Sara Fowler said...

Firstly, I LOVE your new blog colors! They are verrry tropical and make me jealous. Even as I type, my fingers are half frozen. :(

I am SO happy to hear that you're having such a good time! That's exactly what you needed after such a stressful semester...

Also, what is "Hand and Foot"?

Also also, I played Mario Cart for Wii and I was last place. Hehehe.

Also also also, even though it will be so ultra cold in minneapolis when we get there, I am glad to go back because I know I will see your sweet face and sink into your arms, filled with love.

Can't wait to see you and hope your last week of break is a GREAT one. :*:*:*:* kiss kiss kiss

Fowler