Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HarryPotterHarryPotterHarryPotterohandmegandjaclyn'sbirthdays.

Woo for Harry Potter 6! 'Twas an exciting day/night. We got our red baseball tees in around 2 pm and Janessa dropped them off at my hizzle for Quidditch designs and such. After much debate on the back typeface, we started printing everything and cutting it out (with many trials and errors, might I add.)
As we were in a time crunch, mi madre helped me iron on all the shenanigans and we were done in no time. They looked awesome too! So the gang arrived at 9 and we all changed into our matching Quidditch uniforms.

When we got to the theater, there was already a growing line stretching to the back of the theater. Luckily, we had a spot saved and we skipped over about 100 crazy fans. As we passed by we got many compliments on our jerseys. Satisfaction!

Hot and bored, a few of us went to get snacks and drinks from the QT gas station down the road. When we returned, the line was moving quickly, so we hastily ran into the theater, drinks dripping everywhere, and ran to one of our five saved rows of seats. It took us forever to figure out where we were all sitting, but eventually we all found a spot and we settled in. I was sitting with DVS girls, and what more do I need?!

The group next to us decided to get up and move, so there were four magical seats open to my left. A lone black woman came up the stairs and asked if she could sit there, and of course I said yes. She was a thrill. During the movie she had the best comments. Crackin me up ALL the time. But there was still a seat next to me that was open.

Soon enough, there comes Jena Wight and her sister Joelle up the stairs, lookin for a seat. HECK YES she is sitting next to me. And that is how the JaNaSa was unintentionally reunited at the HP6 Premiere. We got to talking and she mentioned she needed a guitar player for a coffee shop gig on Saturday, and now I'm doing that! I'm kind of nervous because I don't know like half the songs she wants to sing, but hey, we'll figure it out. :) The other half of the songs that I do know include hits by Damien Rice, Ben Folds, Death Cab for Cutie, Jason Mraz, and Michael Buble. It's an oddly wonderful combination, just because i know it'll please the audience without getting too terribly poppy and cheesy. But I digress!

So we had to take pictures, of course, thus we got the team together and did a few shots. One of my favorites was the Miscellaneous-DVS pose. I think my friends and I adore group names... Anyway! We wanted to show the numbers on our backs, so we all turned around. Due to our extremely close proximity to one another, we didn't really know what to do with our hands. We started jokingly clapping them above our heads (like Dumbledore in HP5) over and over until we were automatically in sync. We didn't realize how much attention we were holding until the whole audience was looking at us and started laughing and clapping with us. It was hilarious and slightly embarrassing. I felt like a cheerleader for 2.2 seconds. Shwew!

The only other big thing that happened at the HP6 Premiere was the surprise intermission. About an hour into the movie, when Severus and Minerva were about to scold Harry, the film starts sputtering out of control and then burns up and sizzles on the side of the screen like melting cotton candy! The audience started screaming and my black lady neighbor shouts, "NUH UH THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN," (which was the same thing she shouted when Ginny tied Harry's shoe on the staircase....) So we were all laughing and jokingly (sort of) screaming at the people in the booth. I mean -- you can't refund HP fans' tickets, that's just a travesty! So the staff came out and told us it'd be about 5 minutes til it was one. A bunch of people took a bathroom break and we had a recap of the first hour. I texted Fowler in Colorado, whose movie hadn't started yet, and explained my outrage. Oh goodness. It was an intense moment in the movie too! Sheesh. Such a good night.

In other shenanigans, I celebrated Meg and Jaclyn's birthday with the girls the other night. We went out to eat and had a grand time. At one point Jaclyn spat out her birthday ice cream across the table, showering Jayme in salivated dessert. Our sassy waitress came, saw us all laughing, and left in a huff. Hahaha that was the best time she could have possibly come. After the meal, we stole Meg a balloon and drove home in Jayme's van, listening to old hits from artists such as Destiny's Child, TLC, and Journey.

The end.

1 comment:

Jayme McClellan said...

I feel that there should be a "like" option on this simply because I'm used to it. I liked this post though! Harry Potter sounded fun fun! and I enjoyed your lovely description of our evening, although I am slightly disappointed that you left out the crazy people behind our table...